Skip to main content

Reply to "Writing and Viewing Assignments 6/28"

I think the relationship between George and Lennie, just like the relationship between the parents and the kid. Why I say that because of the many things happened to them. Obviously, George doesn’t have any ability to beat Lennie, but why he can give any order to Lennie, because Lennie doesn’t smart enough, he always gets in trouble, he always feels guilty when he make a trouble to George, he has a man body, but a little kid’s mind, he regard George as a parent or a brother who always can help him or take him out of the trouble, that what Lennie thought.

George doesn’t have the strong body as Lennie,but actually, he realized what he can do or what Lennie can do, so he try to protect Lennie and make them work together to done jobs well. Also George isn’t a selfish guy, he also has the responsibility to take of Lennie, he has to take care of Lennie whether Lennie gets a Kid’s thought or not. 

Actually, Lennie can be not listen to George sometime, but why he can’t? I think I get an example to describe it. It like a tiger was controlled by a person when it was young, it try to revolt, but it failed, when it grows up, it already can revolt it, but it always keep the thinking when it was young, it think it must be fail if it revolt. It just like Lennie, he can revolt, but he just gets a kid’s thought, he thinks he can not.