Skip to main content

Reply to "Reading and Writing Assignments for 6/9/16 15th class"

There were many brave and admirable men in S.E. Hinton’s novel The Outsider. The one who admired me the most was Johnny. He had been bullied by the Soc. before and that was always the most horrible experience to him. He didn’t give up his life after that and started to bring a switchblade with him all the time for self-defense. The night he and Pony went to the park, they met some Soc. He protected Pony and killed a person. Though he was awfully scary because he met the person who made a cut on his face years ago, he still protected his best friend and even killed a person. That needed a lot of courage! To me, the most admirable part was when they went to the burning church, he ran after Pony without saying a word. Even though it was dangerous and he didn’t have to save the children, he still ran with his best friend without thinking. He didn’t leave his friend at the critical moment. Their friendship and the way Johnny protect Pony touched my heart. If I had a friend that was as perfect as John, that would be the best gift ever.