Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I’m Mimi, the Associate Director of Ivy Labs’ college counseling team. A main reason students from China come to the United States is to gain first-hand exposure to daily and college life here. Many also seriously consider studying abroad. By living at Brown University and developing a rapport with RAs and college counselors, I hope whatever questions you have about the college application process will be answered.

To disclose more information about my background: I hail from Brooklyn, NY, which is home to the Dodgers, a famous American baseball team. I graduated from the iconic LaGuardia High School where Golden Globe Award-winning actress Jennifer Aniston also attended. I like to pretend that I rubbed shoulders with her, but unfortunately, my only “encounter” with her is just watching her on a TV or movie screen. I earned my BA from Georgetown with a major in Sociology and double minor in Chinese and Justice & Peace Studies. I taught 5th grade English in Shantou, Guangdong for two years as a Teach for China fellow. Afterwards, I completed my counseling practicum at the Academy of the Pacific Rim Charter School in Massachusetts and studied Prevention, Science and Practice with a focus on adolescent development at the Harvard Graduate School Education. During my spare time, I love watching TV talk shows, like Wendy Williams, and babysitting my 5-year-old niece and 1-year-old nephew.

I look forward to meeting you! I am excited for all the memories that you will create during camp! Please feel free reach out to me if you have any questions.

Blessings,

Mimi

Attachments

Images (3)
  • Brown Summer 2015a
  • Brown Summer 2015b
  • Brown Summer 2015c
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.