Skip to main content

Reply to "Reading and Writing Assignments for May 19th 13th class"

In Cynthia Kadahota’s Kira-Kira, the author describe Japanese’s poor plight in America following World War Ⅱ. Also, she points out some Americans to discriminate against Japanese. In the book, Lynn once warns Katie: Maybe they won’t like you. In a new place, Katie may think her new friends will like her, but Lynn pulls her back into fact. She told Katie the truth: maybe they will discriminate against you. This is the first way the author point out about the discriminate against. Here is the second way: When Katie and Lynn with their father to find a motel, the women in the reception desk rude at them. I think this is a way of discriminate against. At last I want to say: during World WarⅡ, American put those who live in America but they were Japanese under house arrest. American may always discriminate against others, like the Negros, the Chinese, and the Indian. Because the American is intruders, they found the American Continent and occupy it. That’s what the old European do. PS. I’m not discriminate against the American; I just want to show my idea. If I hurt you, I’m sorry.