Skip to main content

Reply to "Reading and Writing Assignments for 2/12 9th class"

@Mark, Wow, you really did a re-write. I am VERY impressed. In particular, I like the way you picked up on Shirley's being "open" to new experiences and people.

And double wow, you are right to say Wanda is simply shy. She doesn't have a "communication disorder." (I'm asking myself how in the world did you even know that term, but it's wonderful that you did).

I think your concluding sentence, is, as always, is spot on. They are more different than similar. For most people, concluding sentences are usually hard to write. You seem to be the exception (a person different from most in a good way)

I will send you some comments via e-mail, but in general, I am very impressed by your understanding of the story, which shows real depth (deep understanding). I'm especially impressed with your revision, which was a true re-seeing of the story (If you break down the word "revision" into prefix and root, it means to re-see in the sense of re-think in a new way) and very different from what you sent early on.   Amazing work!!

See you tomorrow.  Laraine

Last edited by Laraine