Skip to main content

Reply to "Homework for 27th class"

Stanley behaved more differently. He began to give X-Ray what he found in the hole instead of collecting them for his “one day off” (P53). He also began to accept the name “Caveman” that others gave him instead of using “Stanley Yelnats” (P74). He paid more attention to Zero and what the real target Camp Green Lake had according to the Warden’s behaviors. I think it was the peer pressure that made Stanley changed. He wanted to be protected and have a good status in Group D so he needed to hide some of his true personalities and created something else that could suit him to be comfortable in Group D. P53 and P74 both show that Stanley considered the nickname others gave him a sign that he had been accepted and he wanted to be accepted. Another example I have found was on P83 about the boy Squid. I think he acted totally different in day time and in night. It shows that some other boys in Group D also were in the peer pressure and hide some of their true personalities. From P19-P20, Stanley called Armpit “Theodore” and couldn’t figure out why Theodore wanted to be called “Armpit”. I think now, I mean from P48-P94, Stanley had begun to figure out some implicit rules in Group D and also among the Warden, Mr. Sir, Mr. Pendanski, the town of Green Lake and the Camp Green Lake.