Skip to main content

Reply to "Homework for 20th class"

1. Why did Fern behave so coldly that she even asked for money to play when everyone saw the blue tag on Uncle’s pen?
  2. In chapter the Egg Sac, it says “Everyone who visited the pigpen had a good word to say about Wilbur. Everyone admired the web. And of course nobody noticed Charlotte.” Why nobody noticed Charlotte and the author add “of course”? What human natures it may show?

The ending is moving to me. I’m really happy that Charlotte’s children were born safely. However, I dislike that some children were staying. I think Wilbur should be stronger in his mind after Charlotte’s death. Though all the children left, the power which Charlotte gave Wilbur will encourage him and also deepen the impression of the book, I think.

I pay more attention to treasure the people who are care about me after reading this book. I try my best not to hurt them and give them help when they need, like to my mum. I used to be very impatience to her when she was talking endlessly. However now I don’t – I try my best to be patience as I think that was a great care to me.

The second thing I learn from this book is that I become more careful when I wanted to define a person (I had written about this before). At first, Wilbur defined Charlotte “cruel and bloodthirsty”. However this definition changed a lot when Wilbur got more and more familiar with Charlotte.