Skip to main content

A tiring but fun day

Written by 赵葡萄

高中组课程。

We touched on Criminology in our creative and critical thinking class today. I found the topic rather intriguing and heard many superb reasoning from my fellow campers on “Why do people commit crimes?”. We were loosely introduced to the psychology of criminals and we explored the three potential reasons to criminal acts- Choice, genetics and environment.

We also got the chance to create a fictional society based on what we learnt about cultural differences. It was interesting to listen everyone’s ideas and extremely pleasurable to come up with our own. We decided that the people in our society would ride horses, despite it being set in the near future where science is more advanced.

We concluded our lesson with a quiz that questioned us on everything we have learnt so far and proceeded to lunch.

After a rather rushed lunch, we all boarded the bus to go to the beach. I could almost feel the excitement in the air. The hour long ride was rather tedious and we all happily browsed our phones to pass time.

A gush of wind welcomed us to the beach. The distinct aroma of sea water was unmistakable and I was beyond thrilled to visit a beach. We split into groups and started our activities. I did wave surfing first. We stayed at the shallow areas for a while to surf on some waves but the waves simply wasn’t big enough. So then we all migrated to the deeper areas. The winds grew bigger and the current stronger, but it only allowed us to have more fun.

We were all tired when we returned but we simply had to attend the amazing Karaoke/DJ party! It was a little quiet at first but after a while everyone warmed up. We sang and danced and ate watermelons. It was truly a memorable event.

Overall I had a tiring but fun day. I am definitely closer with my group now and I’ve met some pretty amazing people. I look forward to tackling future challenges and just spending my time here at Brown.

活动日志

Written by 徐艳可儿

射箭活动。早餐照例还是牛奶面包果汁以及各类西餐小食,颇为精致。上午是心理学课,教授与我们做了几个游戏,像在做听力一样,20个单词听写,不过只能在全部报完之后再默写下来。除此之外,教授分享了许多关于心理学的实验,以及进行试验并且分析人的行为举止的方法;我感受颇深,本人对心理学也非常感兴趣。

下午大家被分成两批,一部分去surfing,一部分留在校园里户外拓展。我是与大部分人在校园里做拓展,毒辣辣的太阳迫使我戴上墨镜和帽子,涂上防晒霜才敢出门。大家分工合作,拎着大包小包前往活动地点。一路上跟随RA的脚步,我们哼着歌到达了一个大草坪,视野很开阔。这里的天是碧蓝如水一样的清澈,草地是想打了蜡一样泛着光泽,草地上三三两两的学生在一起讨论着学术问题,氛围实在是令人向往。大家都十分有热情,帮着老师开始整理,我拿起飞盘与同伴们嬉戏,之后学习了剑术,毫不畏惧的抓起剑,搭上弓与伙伴们互相切磋,玩累了,歇会儿,仰头看天,多希望时间能够停留。飞盘比赛和排球比赛也异常激烈,团队合作十分重要,我们都很开心。

傍晚将至,DJ舞会更加燃起了大家的积极性,无数小伙伴献唱,有英文的,中文的,冰西瓜十分解渴,结束的时候下起了大雨,大家快速收拾完后就回房休息了。

夜晚的风,很暖。

晚会演出。

Today is a wonderful day

Written by 韩宗朔

踢球的男生们。Today is a wonderful day .

We did a lot of interesting things like shooting an arrow. That is a very nice; however, I am not a good shooter, but the most important thing is to have fun, isn't it? Then we played soccer, I can't do well in it right now. But one of my friends, Bai, taught me how to do this. He is a very nice player. By the way, Pokemon go is a pretty nice game, I think all of us like it. Anyway, it's not important.

In the evening, we had a dance party. I can't believe I sang in that party, but it doesn't matter, the really important thing is that our voice was quite terrible. But I don't care,(yeah, I don't) we should just enjoy ourselves.

In conclusion, I enjoy the daily life here very much.

My Friday

Written by 陈家成

同学们在玩飞盘。

Friday began with Psychology,the second subject. Through this three-hour class, it gave me a new understanding of Psychology which is not only about how we think but also the scientific knowledge behind the facts, including neural systems and the cognition of the surrounding. During the class, examples of memorizing words and numbers articulated and helped us to understand some patterns that appears in memorizing information. The first Psychology class really talked about some basic facts and theories that we will go further into in Saturday class.

After lunch, of course as usual, boxed foods, some of us went on surfing and the rest went to the grass to play games. Through their tired faces, I perceive that surfing guys must have a fantastic time; for the ‘game group’, which I was in, archery and frisbee contributed a lot to this exciting afternoon, as well as Pokemon Go.

The most exciting activity came after dinner, DJ dancing and Karaoke. Thinking about the party we had before, the professional equipment and DJ really shocked us when first reaching the place. “Don’t Let Me Down”, “How deep is your love” swept out the shyness in the beginning and people began to volunteer for performing. Group dancing, group singing and solo really stirred up everyone’s enthusiasm. Through the songs, we could hear the singers’ passion, own emotion towards the song, and dancers used their movements, perfectly matching up with the music and make the party almost a professional show. Finally, we had to stop the party because of the rain; everyone began to look forwards to performing in the next week’s party.

2016 Brown Newsletter Group

主编:王一朝

副主编:丁凡凌

编辑:张尚毅、王仪然、季海杰、许贝宁、李沁怡、谢昕宇

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.