Skip to main content

疲惫而又充实的一天

Written by 张子恒

经济学课间讨论。

我今天度过了疲惫而又充实的一天,不过收获也是很丰富的。

今天早上我们吃的早餐我觉得比前几天的好多了,有牛排和墨西哥辣酱;我们还尝试了罗德岛的特色—咖啡牛奶,口感很特别也很好喝。吃完早餐之后,我们去了经济课,教我们的是一个教授,他为人很风趣,上课的时候也可以让同学们一直在参与思考和创造,让我们体验了大学中独特的授课方式。他的课不仅很有趣,而且知识性特别强,让我们这种之前没有接触过经济的同学能对经济有一个大体的概念,并且产生浓厚的兴趣,相信无论以后学习经济与否,今天这堂课都会对我有很大的帮助。

上完了经济课,我很幸运地被抽中去骑马了,因为我以前就学过骑马,所以这次我可以自己骑。我感觉美国的马场和中国的马场很不一样,中国的马场里你只能在一个场地里走,可是今天我们去了很多地方,有草原山坡等等很多地形,而且我发现美国人都很关心马很爱马,这是中国骑马的人需要学习的,总之在马背上自由驰骋的感觉很好。今天虽然有些累,但也是快乐的。

经过短暂的休息,晚上的seminar也让我获益匪浅。Mimi 老师和其他老师在精心制作的视频中大秀演技,帮助我们更好地理解了美国学生的five values并强调了诚信的重要性,加深了我们对美国大学校园文化的理解。

马术活动。

令人兴奋的一天

Written by 丁熹瑜

晚间课程。今天超兴奋的!

我们今天参加了马术课的实践。首先,我们在马场里参观了很多马,并且我们看到了一匹赛马!那里的人说他不是快,他是相当的快!Wow,他真的很高大,而且很有精神。后来,我们进行分组,我被分配到第二组,在第一组玩的过程中,我们第二组体验了洗马,给马刷毛的过程,跟马有了近距离的接触。在刷毛的过程中,真的是可以刷出很多灰尘耶~哇~真的是很好玩。最后,我们第二组开始骑马了。虽然在这个过程中大部分的时间是有人牵着的,但是也有让自己去控制的时候,并且体验了跑起来的感觉。真的是屁股一颠一颠的~真的是很好的体验。

晚上呢,参加了第一节摄影课。我们的老师是Ben老师,他讲的真的真的很详细,几乎所有的地方都讲了,看得出来他很想把所有知识浓缩到这两个小时里面。我学到了很多东西,同时也刷新了一下我对一些东西的叫法,收获满满嗒。

感受

Written by 陆昕冉

绳上行走。

今天早餐去了大食堂吃,菜色很丰富,开启了在布朗大学正式的新的一天!

中学组的第一堂课是创意写作和批判性思维。教授十分的亲切,虽然刚开始上课大多数同学都有些拘谨,但不多久大家都投入了课堂中。在很多topics里,我学会了不仅仅是去寻找正确答案,更多的是发散的思维,不一样的想法。课上教授给我们一首诗,然后问我们诗人和诗中的Josh是什么关系,我回答了一个比较特殊的答案,教授肯定了我的想法,说虽然不是正确答案,但会给我A+。这鼓励了我去大胆说出自己的见解。

在大巴车颠簸辗转中,我们在车上吃完了中饭(是吃到的第一份中餐盒饭很满足:))。我参加的是绳上运动。第一个部分是团队合作,在绳子上行走,很困难,大多数时候都难以前行。第二个部分是攀爬。有三个项目,我参加了第三个,我和一个同伴爬到了顶端,虽然耗时很长,而且路程艰辛,不论如何,还是收获了可以远眺乡村美景的喜悦以及共同帮助后成功的快感~相信很多同学都有这种感觉吧。

最后,可爱的Ella老师给我们带来一节轻松愉悦的演讲课。在学习了演讲的十大技巧后,每位同学都做了自我介绍。最有趣的还是最后的游戏——你比划我来猜~比划的人很卖力,猜的人时而懵逼时而心有灵犀。我想,这不仅仅是一个好玩的游戏,更教会了我们去合作去沟通。

Game time.

The wonderful experience

Written by 陈文韬

绳间攀爬。

It is extremely hard to describe the wonderful experience for today, I am in Rope Course Group, rope course is amazing, it helps us to get to know each other.

For Rope Courses, there are two parts, climbing and something like keep everybody off the ground......

The climbing is really interesting, but I failed when I tried the hard one, and then I found stay down and help other to control the ropes and help them save energy, so I did it and helped 2 boys got to the top successfully.

About the economic lesson today morning, was full of fun, we all learnt about Micro or Macro Economics well, although it is a little bit difficult to understand some economists words...

A new experience from BROWN

Written by 涂铖

RA也加入到了游戏中。

This summer vacation I go to BROWN,and I will stay in BROWN for three weeks,three weeks is a long time,, but I think I will be happy here.

This is the second day in BROWN, today I have my first join the creative writing lesson,and this lesson was very relaxing, And you can give play to imagination. And it also need you to think hard about your plans.It was great fun.Then we had lunch in the dining room, the food was very very nice.

We went to “rope course”lessons in the afternoon. It was very hard to finish the first rope but it can make you braver, it also needs us to teamwork : two group want to through a very thin rope and you must through that without catching other things you can only depend on your –teammates.After finish the first rope. We went to the other rope. You can finish it by yourself or by yourselves.  

It have not enough time to play all the rope, so I finish one by myself, you climb up the ladder in the tree, and I try to keep balance on the single—log bridge. I feel afraid, and I even think I will fall off the single—log bridge,that was a mistake I  join this sport…….. then I told myself I will finish this rope….. I try my best, I finish it, it is amazing.

The time go fast, it is really the third day in Brown, I think: I will learn a lot from Brown, and I will change myself in Brown.

2016 Brown Newsletter Group

主编:王一朝

副主编:丁凡凌

编辑:张尚毅、王仪然、季海杰、许贝宁、李沁怡、谢昕宇

Last edited by Wang Yichao
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.